City of Georgetown / Public Works
235 West Yusen Way. Georgetown. KY 40324
The Most Current Public Works information can be found (HERE).
GMWSS is NOT responsible for garbage collection.
Please refer all comments and questions to Public Works.
Listed below are Residential Waste Collection and Disposal Procedures.
For initial service, please call the Public Works Department at 502-863-9855.
Their office hours are Monday - Friday 7:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m..
* Any customer 65 years or older (in Georgetown) may qualify for a reduced garbage rate. Please contact a GMWSS customer service representative for further information.
* Once your receive your Herbie, you must dispose of your trash through the Herbie system. Any trash not in a Herbie will not be collected.
* Diabetic needles need to be placed in a proper container.
(Examples: Two-liter bottles, sealed coffee can or hazardous waste container.)
* Please place your garbage at the curb the night before your scheduled pick up. Collection times for your pick up day may vary from week to week. If you are not sure what your scheduled day is, please call and mark your calendar.
* Please remove your cans from the street the same day of your pick up.
* Brush and branches need to be securely tied in 4-foot long bundles and neatly stacked. They are not to exceed 50 pounds per bundle.
Brush: Southside of Main Street is picked up on Thursday, and the North side of Main Street is picked up on Friday.
* Carpet needs to be cut into 4' lengths.
* Water heaters, furnaces, carpet, furniture, and appliances need to be called in, (in advance), for pick up.
* They do not accept construction debris (lumber, shingles, dry wall), tires, batteries, car parts. They do not accept hazardous waste, poisons, liquid paints, oil, cleaning products, paint fuel, pesticides, dead animals, feces, or any item that may be considered hazardous.
* Trash that is not out when the driver arrives will be noted on the driver's route sheet and will not be picked up until the next scheduled regular pick up day.
* In case of bad weather, equipment problems, or holidays, service will be caught up as soon as possible beginning with the next available working day.
Holiday Schedule Changes are listed in the Georgetown News Graphic
the week prior to the upcoming holiday, or you can call (502) 863-9855.
Stamping Ground customers, please call City Hall 502-535-6114
for garbage collection questions.